Stephenville Fright Fest
Time & Location
About the Event
Stephenville Fright Fest is an annual horror film and multimedia festival located in Stephenville, Texas, and jointly sponsored by Ranger College and the Cross Timbers Fine Arts Council. Originally titled “Stephenville Frights,” the festival was founded in 2015 as an annual venue for screening feature-length horror films accompanied by lectures and discussions focused on a specific annual theme. For the inaugural year, the theme was “Possession and Exorcism.” In subsequent years the festival explored themes of “Monsters,” “Nature Horror,” and “Psychological Horror.”
In 2019 Stephenville Frights morphed into Stephenville Fright Fest, a new monster that retains its original frightful nature but now adds a curated short horror film contest and, this year, a ruin photography contest. For submission details, CLICK HERE.
Here is a look at the schedule of events:
• 6:00 p.m.: Doors open
• 7:00 p.m.: Short film screenings and photography contest display, followed by awards ceremony
• 11:00 a.m. Film screening: The Frighteners (1996, dir. Peter Jackson, starring Michael J. Fox)
• 1:30 p.m. Panel discussion: "The Real World of Ghosts, Hauntings, and Paranormal Investigation"
• 3:00 p.m. Film screening: Poltergeist (1982, dir. Tobe Hooper, prod. Steven Spielberg, starring Craig T. Nelson and Jobeth Williams)
• 5:30 p.m. Panel discussion: "The Haunted Screen: A Guide to the Best Ghost Movies and Their Significance"
• 7:00 p.m. Film screening: The Haunting (1963, dir. Robert Wise, starring Julie Harris, Claire Bloom, Richard Johnson)
For additional details, you can also visit the Ranger College at https://www.rangercollege.edu/stephenville-fright-fest/